Hodge Podge

Last night I gave paper bag curls a try. If anyone hasn’t seen the video on YouTube, here it is. Mine didn’t turn our nearly as well as the cute Asian chicks. See evidence below.


Creature from the Bathrobe Lagoon

Right after twisties were removed - with mixed results


Approaching '80's scariness
 Not going out looking like that, I had to take a shower,which in turn made us nearly late for our corporate gig today. That didn’t go as planned either. They couldn’t get the occupancy certificate due to some incorrectly installed scaffolding; even the VIP party was moved into Sephora’s main space, so we showed up, took pics of the space for an hour (+/-) and left. We’re getting paid for the entire day, thanks to the gracious understanding by Make Up Forever. We love them. So 6 hrs worth of money for 1 hr worth of work. I love it!

Oh yeah, proof that my Cinnabon rolls came out nearly awesome the first time. Told you there was evidence!
Yeah baby!
As always things in our lives are in flux. We’ll need a roommate soon…OR we’ll be getting an RV and moving to Idaho…OR we’ll be getting a small apartment and starting a photo biz. It all depends really. Strange things happen and we’re just kind of rolling with it.

OH! Remembered what I was gonna blog about in the first place. Watched the movie Invictus. Very moving. We looked up the poem the movie takes it title from - very inspiring. Read below.

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. 

No comments: