Quack

I got into a high school argument at work today. The temp kid stole a sale, I called him on it, he responded with some smart ass remark, and I lost my temper. I did manage to get the brain-to-mouth filter back in place before saying anything really damaging, but there was swearing involved and now I want to punch him in the throat more than ever. With any luck, he won't show up tomorrow. If he does, I'm gonna have to apologize for losing said temper, mostly to make myself look like a better person than I am to my superiors, not because I'm sorry in the least. Honey told me never to argue with an idiot - you can't win and you have to stoop to their level. The duck theory worked great until then. If anyone should happen upon a woman muttering "quack" under her breath, don't panic, that's me.

No comments: